We lodge our guests in 3 star category hotels on twin sharing basis. They will have heating, hot water and provision for extra blankets. Wi-fi may or may not be available given weather conditions.
Blissful Bhutan October 2019
We are happy to bring to you another edition of our signature trip to Bhutan in October 2019. It is a fixed date departure. During the trip we will explore Bhutan together with others who are as keenly interested as us to find out what makes Bhutan the happiest place in the world!
All breakfasts will be buffet style. Lunches will be on the go and dinners will be in-house.
We will travel by an 18 seater Coaster Bus/10 seater Hiace (depends on group size) through the country. Since it is a mountain country, travelling time between two districts is quite high and we will cover only about 25-30 kms per hour.
- Day 01 – Arrival at Paro. Transfer to Thimphu. Sightseeing
- Day 02 – Mild hike to a monastery. Picnic lunch followed by cultural programme
- Day 03 – Transfer to Punakha followed by sightseeing
- Day 04 – Mild hike in Punakha. River rafting possible based on popular demand
- Day 05 – To Phobjika for Gangtey Trail and Monastery. Overnight at Gangtey
- Day 06 – Gangtey to Thimphu. Overnight at Thimphu
- Day 07 – Thimphu to Haa valley via Chele-la pass. Stay in Haa in homestay
- Day 08 – Sightseeing at Haa and leave for Paro.
- Day 09 – Taktsang/Tiger’s Nest climb. Evening free for hot stone bath, shopping etc.
- Day 10 – Departure
In addition to an English speaking guide, the group is led by Trip Leader, Ritu. She is the founder of our company and an avid traveller. She will offer you diverse and deep perspectives on Bhutan, a country she has been visiting since 2012. She also keeps the group together as a cohesive unit while looking after individual needs (even whims, sometimes).
Ways to Reach Bhutan
The fastest way to reach Bhutan is to take a flight from Kolkata or Delhi to Paro (their International Airport). Return tickets from Kolkata cost Rs 16,500 approximately and Rs 23,500 from Delhi, for an adult in economy. As is the case for all airlines, the earlier the booking is made the better, as seats get sold out closer to April (which is peak holiday season in Bhutan).
We believe in mixed groups and men & women from all walks of life are welcome to join. Our group size doesn’t exceed 15.
We would like 75% of the package amount as advance to book your slot and full payment for air tickets. Cancellation rules apply.
We have conducted many such trips in the past and you can have a look at this video to see why it would be fun to travel with us!
If you wish to have a call back from Ritu to clarify your doubts/queries, please let us know. We will fix a mutually convenient time for the same.